GW6 Valve Core
This is the replacement valve core for urinals fitted with the GW6 waterless urinal system, including the retrofit housing for Aridian as well as the Karoo, Sahara, Accona, Tabernas, and other urinal models. Please note that design of this product changed from 1st Dec 2016 to include a patented pressure equalisation system to further increase flow.
The unit is tolerant of most standard cleaning chemicals and water but avoid using bleach and cleaning products with more than 10% acid content. Harsh cleaning products may reduce the life of the silicone valves within this cartridge.
- easy to fit into the GW6 cartridge - only a crosshead screwdriver needed
- typically lasts at least 6 months, and up to 1 year
- no chemical sealant required
- unique 'dual skirt' valve to prevent odours
- unique pressure equalisation system to maximise drainage
- tolerant of sluicing to help keep waste pipes clear
- relatively small disposable component reduces impact on landfillRecommended to be used in conjunction with Bactericidal Cleaner; sluicing once every 2 to 4 weeks, to extend valve life and keep waste pipes clear.
Below you can choose packs of 1, 4, 8, 12, 16, 24 or 32 cartridges to take advantage of applicable volume discounts.
- About Delivery Orders for waterless urinal cartridges are almost always despatched on the same working day if the order is received before 3pm. The products will be sent on the next working day if the order is made after that time. Normal delivery to a UK mainland address via UPS couriers costs £10 (excluding VAT) per order, irrespective of quantity, Delivery is typically on the next working day after despatch.For locations outside of the UK mainland, including UK islands and Ireland, delivery costs will vary depending upon the size and weight of the consignment. Please call 0345 202 4535 for a quote.
The delivery times stated for this product are representative of what we achieve in 95% of cases for this specific product. If we have reason to believe that one or more of the items in your order will not be delivered within the stated time, we will contact you as soon as possible with a new delivery date, giving the option to cancel the order. Please note that we are unable to specify the time of day your order will be delivered and all goods must be signed for.
- More Product Info
The GW6 Cartridge for Aridian Waterless Urinal Bowls
(also compatible with other urinals that accept 118mm diameter cartridges)
- tolerant of commonly used chemicals, including acid based cleaning products, as well as water
- replaceable valve core typically lasts for at least 6 months, often as long as a year
- unique dual valve technology for added protection against odours
- no special tools required
- simple push-fit housing and screw-in valve core
- housing can easily be replaced, if required, in the unlikely event of damage
Why Gentworks has introduced the GW6 cartridge
For years, Gentworks has been searching for a cartridge that would deal with the concerns of a significant minority of our customers that have Aridian urinal bowls on site. Prior to the end of successful trials of the GW6, Gentworks tested other solutions which successfully addressed some, but not all, of the issues raised by our customers. The other products relied upon a single valve more likely to become stuck in the open position by debris. Stuck valves allow odours into the washroom. Moreover, the alternative cartridges were intolerant of incompatible cleaning products; a restriction common to almost all waterless urinal designs. If the recommended cleaning regime was not followed, the longevity and function of the cartridge was significantly reduced. Perhaps the unique advantage of the GW6 is its tolerance of cleaning chemicals and water. The double-skirt valve that prevents odours from being emitted into the washroom is the most reliable and robust solution we have come across, giving long life even when cleaned with standard products.
The replaceable core of the GW6 features:
- dual silicone skirts to prevent odours and backflow
- skirt design allows for hair and other small debris to pass through easily, thus maintaining the seal
- simple screw fitting, only a crosshead screwdriver required
- easy to clean with water or cleaning chemicals
- low frequency replacement cycle of a relatively small component, therefore less impact on the environment
How to prevent blockages in waterless urinal waste runs
Gentworks recommends dosing/sluicing urinals fitted with the GW6 valve, approximately once every 2 to 4 weeks, with a solution of Bactericidal Cleaner mixed with warm water from the washroom hot tap.
All urinals are prone to blockages, whether waterless or not. The advantage of waterless urinals over flushed urinals is that there is no limescale from water to combine with urine to form a hard scale. Nevertheless, uric acid crystals and sludge can form, particularly where debris and hair has fallen into the waste pipes and the flow of urine alone has not been able to flush such obstructions away to the main drain. In a washroom with new waste pipes configured perfectly, the flow of urine itself can be sufficient to keep the pipework clear. However, a simple act of preventative maintenance such as sluicing with Bactericidal Cleaner dramatically reduces the chance of a blockage in all cases.
Gentworks recommends regular sluicing for all our waterless urinal systems that do not use a liquid seal. For waterless urinals with a liquid seal, sluicing with chemicals could break the seal and therefore Gentworks only recommends sluicing during servicing or a cartridge change.
- Send to Colleague
Send to Colleague